This toilet roll swan is simple and inexpensive to make, why not make lots and you could paint them all different colours too!
They make wonderful small world toys and are perfect for linking to the traditional fairytale, The Ugly Duckling.
You will need:
- toilet rolls
- paint – I used white and orange
- black marker
How to make:
- Press the toilet roll flat and draw and cut out the shape as shown.
- Draw a leaf-shaped wing on the leftover piece of toilet roll. Cut out through both thicknesses so you will have 2 wings. Pop the toilet roll back into a round shape. Bend the pointy piece down so that it looks like a swan’s long neck.
- Paint your toilet roll swan, including the wings. Leave to dry.
- Glue the wings either side of the swan’s body.
- Once the paint has dried, paint the beak and use the black marker to draw on 2 eyes.
For more fairytale-inspired crafts, go to the creative play section on my blog where you’ll find lots more fun activities to enjoy and link to stories.
LET’S KEEP IN TOUCH
Enjoy a FREE fun fairytale-themed Children’s Activity Pack, full of lovely creative things to do, delivered straight to your inbox every month, along with the latest Another World Costume news and updates!