If you have any requests concerning your personal information or any queries with regard to these practices please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
PERSONAL DATA COLLECTION
We obtain information about you when you use our website.
Examples of when we collect data are when you:
- use the Site (including collecting data on your browsing habits)
- register for, or create an account with us
- search for, purchase and/or return products to us
- communicate with us by email, telephone, post or social media
- sign up for our newsletters
- participate in any discussion board or other social media function on or linked to the Site.
Some of the data we may collect from you due to your interaction with our site includes:
- Contact information including email address and, sometimes, telephone number
- Recipient name and address where you have sent a product directly to somebody at an alternative address to your own
- Facebook or Instagram user ID if you contacted us using social media
- IP address
- Your marketing communication preferences
- Your purchase history with us
- Your browsing history on our website
- To the extent permitted by applicable law, we may receive additional information about you, such as demographic data or fraud detection information, from third party service providers and/or partners, and combine it with information we have about you in order to improve the service and marketing that you receive from Another World.
- You warrant that the information you give us is true, accurate and current and you shall inform us of any changes made to it. You shall not pretend to be any other person when providing us with this information.
Please note your card information is at no point stored on www.anotherworldcostumes.com. It is transmitted to our third party payment providers who handle secure payments. Once your order has been paid for, you will be redirected back to our website.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR DATA?
We use such personal information collected through this Website for the purposes of:
- Sending Notifications.
- Processing and completing Orders.
- Where the information is necessary for the adequate performance of the contract between you and us for us to provide our services.
- For customer service and resolution purposes.
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may use the information for the purposes of fraud detection and prevention and enhancing safety on our website.
- We may store the personal information that you give to us on our databases. We will only keep your personal information for as long as is reasonably necessary taking into consideration our need to answer queries or resolve problems, provide improved and new services and comply with legal requirements under applicable law(s). This means that we may retain your personal information for a reasonable period after you stop using the Services.
If your personal information changes, or if you no longer need our service, you may correct, update, delete or deactivate it by emailing us at email@example.com.
- The Website places cookies, which are small data files, on your computer or handheld device. Cookies are essential for helping us deliver a high quality website and online experience for our users, and some collect information about browsing behaviour.
- A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
- Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website and app. The ICO provide an extensive explanation of the ways that you can block cookies, please visit https://ico.org.uk for more information on how to block cookies.
- Please note that if you wish to share a product on a third party website (such as Facebook, Instagram etc) you may be sent cookies from these websites. We don’t control the setting of these cookies, so we suggest you check the third party websites for more information about their cookies and how to manage them.
By using and/or browsing the Site, you consent to cookies being used in accordance with our policy. If you do not consent, you must disable cookies or refrain from using the Site.
PERSONAL DATA SECURITY
When you give us personal information, we take steps to ensure that it’s treated securely. Information relating to electronic transactions entered into via this website will be protected by encryption technology.
Non-sensitive details (your email address etc.) are transmitted normally over the Internet, and this can never be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your information, we make our best effort to ensure its security on our systems.
Where we have given (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
WHO WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION WITH
We will not sell or rent your personal information to any third party without your express consent unless we are required or permitted to do so by law.
In order to provide our services, we may need to provide your information to our trusted third party partners. For example,
- Our fulfilment partners (Stripe, PayPal, Royal Mail and Parcelforce) so that we can process and complete your order.
- Technical and other service providers who help us provide and deliver the Site;
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of the Site and our services;
- MailChimp to store email sign up information and to send out newsletters– you can read about how MailChimp uses your personal information here: https://mailchimp.com/legal/privacy
- In certain circumstances we may be obliged to disclose personal information relating to you to third parties, for example, in order to conform to any requirements of law or to comply with any legal process, to prevent and detect fraud and to protect and defend our rights and property.
WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS AND HOW CAN YOU CONTROL THE DATA WE HOLD ON YOU?
- You may exercise any of the rights described in this section by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that we will ask you to verify your identity before taking further action on your request. We try to respond to legitimate requests within one calendar month.
- Rectification of Inaccurate or Incomplete Information. You have the right to ask us to correct inaccurate or incomplete personal information concerning you (and which you cannot update yourself within your Account).
- Data Access and Portability. You have the right to request copies of your personal information held by us. This is often called a Subject Access Request.
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by emailing us at email@example.com.
- Data Retention and the Right to Erasure. We generally retain your personal information for a period of six years after your last active use of our website (in line with our legal obligation to keep order information for this duration for tax, legal reporting and auditing obligations). If you no longer want us to keep your information, you can request that we erase your personal information by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that if you request the erasure of your personal information, we may retain some of your personal information as necessary for our legitimate business interests, such as fraud detection and prevention and enhancing safety and to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations. For example, we may keep some of your information for tax, legal reporting and auditing obligations.
- Data Security. The security of your data is very important to us. With this in mind we will take all appropriate steps to protect your data and will treat it with the utmost care and attention. We use ‘https’ technology to secure access to all areas of our websites and apps. Access to your personal data is password-protected, and sensitive data such as payment card information is held securely by our 3rd party payment providers, and tokenized to ensure it is protected. We ensure that our systems are regularly monitored for possible vulnerabilities and attacks.
- Lodging Complaints. You have the right to lodge complaints about the data processing activities carried out by Another World before the Information Commissioner’s Office. We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO so please contact us in the first instance.
- We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission, are required by law to do so or it is required for the provision of our services as detailed above.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
If you have any questions about this privacy statement or our treatment of your personal information, please email us at email@example.com.